Create student data files using other student data management systems.
Depending on the student management program you are using, you may have to reorder the steps to create the student data file.
- Open the student management program.
- Find and run the Export function for the program. You may have to use the Report function, define a report and then export that report.
- Create a filtered export file or report that provides a list of only eighth-grade students with the following fields included:
|system student ID
state student ID
The ‘system student IDâ€™ field can have
any character in the data rows and you
can use the same value for all students
if you do not use a student ID in your
student management system.
The ‘middle nameâ€™ field does
not require values, but the header row
for this field must be included in your
student data file, even if there are no
values in the data columns.
- Run a test (print to a file or to a printer) to be sure you have the correct students included in the filter.
- Select the Export function to create
a .CSV file of the students. You can also
copy and paste data from your student management
system into a .CSV file.
- Save the resulting file in .CSV format.